PHOTO WALKS OF SPECIAL MARKETS
These photo walks take you to some special markets in different cities popularly called as mandi in Hindi. These mandis (markets) specialise in certain products like flowers, grains, fish, scrap, spices, fruits, paper and so on and a lot of them operate only for a few hours early morning.
These markets are essentially a gathering and whole sale selling place for suppliers who bring their produce to be bought by various retailers in the city. In such markets one can see and photograph people and produce from various sources in a small area. Right now, we are offering these photo walks in select cities like New Delhi, Agra and Jaipur and are in process of launching it in a few other cities soon. These are largely customised tours, so the guests need to tell us the type of markets they are most interested in and we make arrangements for them accordingly.
- Visit some of the special markets like wholesale markets for flowers, fish, spices, scrap, metal and various others.
- Can be done early morning for certain markets.
- Learn about the sources and people who supply some of the essential basics to cities.
- New Delhi Markets : Early morning flower, grains and fish market. Others include markets for wedding dresses, shoes, spices, scrap, camera, electronics and a few others.
- Jaipur Markets : Markets in and near walled city like those for textiles, marble, jewelry, shoes, spices.
- Agra Markets : Handicrafts, leather, old Agra bazaar.
The actual itinerary for each photo walk differs according to factors like city, duration, time of year and types of markets chosen. Start time can be 4:00 am or later in different places for different markets depending upon season.
Duration 5 hours : INR 6,000 for solo guest. INR 5,000 for each extra guest.
- Transportation in private air-conditioned car with pickup and drop from hotel.
- Services of photography guide.
- Miscellaneous expenses like driver allowance, parking fees and other taxes.
- These photo walks involve a fair amount of walking in crowded markets, So dress accordingly.